Saturday, August 10, 2013

Weekend Wishlist - Anything is Possible

Anything is Possible

Anything is Possible by c-russell on Polyvore

I (for the first time I believe) actually knocked a few things off my wishlist from last week.  I acquired an amazing new lens, received my business cards in the mail, and pulled off a photo shoot I am super excited about.  This photography thing is really becoming real.  And I couldn't be more excited to see where it goes!

I thoroughly enjoy reading those questions for professional photographers...you know the ones...What did you wish you knew starting out?  Or what would you tell a photographer just starting up?  Words of wisdom and tidbits of advice.  A couple months ago all of it seemed so overwhelming, and although it still is very much overwhelming, it's manageable.  I can do this.  I have so far to go, but I've also already come so far.  

I know in this business (and honestly any business right?) you will never stop learning.  There is always more to learn and understand.  And as my quote says "With enough coffee, anything is possible."  All I need to do is sit down at my computer with a warm cup and put on my headphones and learn something.  Work on something.  Anything.  Just to be constantly improving myself.

There are a few more things I need to take care of to make this business official, but it's so close!  I'm beginning to realize that professional photography involves a lot more paperwork than it does as a hobbyist.  I've got forms to iron out to keep up with all the legalities.  Heads up to Kelly Moore, I may even need a bigger gear bag soon!

If you're interested in seeing my photo shoots, head on over to the Captured by CJ Photography blog where the photos are posted.  And stay tuned for more of my Weekend Wishlists or check out past installments here.

No comments:

Post a Comment